Producers, writers, directors, and actors all regularly sign contracts in connection with their work and need an entertainment lawyer to protect their interests. The entertainment industry is particularly cut-throat and even reputable companies draft one-sided contracts with the hope that they get signed without any legal review, knowing they can take advantage of talent. Worse yet, most contracts contain intentionally complex language designed to overwhelm the reader into just signing.
Our firm has years of experience representing talent, including producers, writers, directors, and actors. We will protect your interests and make sure you get paid for your hard work. Our clients are delighted to learn that our fees are very reasonable and often lead to them collecting more money than before. We take care of the legal side so you can focus on your job: creating.
Our flat-fee, percentage, and hourly legal services often include drafting and negotiating the following:
- Writer Agreements (Screenplay Option Agreement, Screenplay Purchase Agreement, Book Option Agreement, and Writer for Hire Agreement, etc.).
- Producer Agreements (Co-production Agreement, Joint Venture Agreement, Television Producer Agreement, Film Producer Agreement, Employment Agreement, etc.).
- Performer Agreements (Actor Agreement, Stunt Performer Agreement, SAG-AFTRA Agreements and Riders, etc.).
- Rights Agreements (Life Rights Agreement, Collaboration Agreement, Licensing Agreement, Story Rights Agreement, etc.).
- Director Agreements for film, television, and digital.
Why Choose Us
- When dealing with new production companies, insist upon up-front payment or a collections cost clause. This ensures you don’t get left without getting paid or, at least, the ability to recoup the costs of having to collect amounts owed.
- If a production has decided to hire you, it is because they want something you uniquely offer. Always have an entertainment lawyer negotiate your contract because the production is almost always willing to negotiate and you don’t want to leave money or your rights on the table.
Schedule a FREE consultation today so we can discuss how our flat-fee options can save you time and money.